Bomb blast in Kabul killed eight civilians
A remote-controlled bomb blast in Kabul, the Afghan capital, killed at least eight people and wounded five on Tuesday morning, the officials said.
“A remote-controlled mine struck a civilian minibus in Paghman district around 5:00 am today, killing eight people and injuring five,” Kabul police chief General Ayoub Salangi told AFP.
Salangi said a man suspected of planting the bomb has been arrested.
According to police the intended target of the bomb blast in Kabul could have been a bus carrying members of the Afghan National Army that had passed moments before.
No group including the Taliban militants have so far claimed responsibility of the bomb blast in Kabul, however roadside bombs are a favorite weapon of Taliban.
The bomb blast in Kabul came a day after a police chief of province Gohar was killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up near the car of the senior officials of Governor House.
The insecurity continues to rise across Afghanistan day-by-day, despite the presence of about 130,000 US-led forces in the country.
According to NATO’s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), the month of June solely saw the highest number of attacks since 2010, with more than 100 assaults a day across the country, including suicide bombing, roadside bombing, and firefights.
The bomb blast in Kabul will add to raising concerns over the future of country once foreign troops withdraw by the end of 2014, handing the full responsibility for security to Afghan forces.